This is a guest post by Kaya of thefoureyedbeauty.com
My favorite decade for Fashion is the 90s.
Back then, fashion was flirty, unique, and most of all FUN!
Now in the year 2016, 90s trends are coming back into style like chokers, the fabulous use of velvet, and oversized t-shirts and sweaters.
This is a fair warning that this post may bring back cringe-worthy, nostalgic memories.
So, what exactly are some styles that are reasonable to bring back from the 90s?
There are actually a lot more than you think!
- No matter what your style is, you’ll love these 90s styles to spice up your wardrobe.
- Chokers (leather or plastic): Chokers have become super popular again just about a year and a half ago. They are edgy, nostalgic, and very often than not, it brings the entire outfit together. Make sure you pick a fully black choker because rainbow chokers are stuck in the 90s and will never come back!
- Dark Lipstick (Berry colors, Nudes, Black): I mean, with Kylie Jenner’s lip kits you can definitely achieve a look like this!
- Plaid Skirts: The “Punk School Girl” look will always and forever will be an amazing and sexy style!
- Mini Skirts with your Shirt Tucked In
- Oversized Worn Out Denim Jacket: The Vintage Denim jacket will never go out of style. If you’re looking for a Vintage Grunge Style, add a Denim Jacket to complete your look!
- Basic T-Shirt Tucked into Jeans
- Doc Martens
- Floral Skater Dress
- Crop Tops
When trying to style your outfit circa 1990’s make sure that you incorporate modern styles.
This will ensure that your outfit looks natural and not like a costume.
Okay, now that we are past the fun part, here is the list of styles you should never try to bring back. But, if you’re brave enough, do it!
- Jelly Sandals: They weren’t cool in the 90s and they aren’t cool now.
- Platform Shoes
- Overly Exposed Branded Gear: We get it, you love Abercrombie & Fitch!
- Turtleneck – Instead, check out mock turtlenecks
- Oversized Jeans
- Overly Ripped Jeans: There’s no point in wearing jeans if there is barely any jean left to wear.
- Short Sleeves Over Long Sleeves
- Wear Camouflage
- Coordinate Outfits with Friends
What are some styles from the 90s that you’re obsessed with?
Honestly, my favorite styles that are back are chokers, dark lipsticks, and velvet dresses.
I hope you enjoyed my post!
Tag me on Instagram @thefoureyedbeauty to show me your 90s styled outfits!